Big Work Pirates Gathering (1)
Time & Location
About the event
What's this all about?
We're rebranding!! This was the ( due-to-covid-twice-postponed) truNewcastle 2020 conference and we are coming back bigger and better in 2021 as the Big Work Pirates Gathering.
Why? Because work is just not working for so many people; everything seems a little bit broken. We want to make work better for everyone. Happiness in work is the goal. And we need your help to get there!
What to expect:
In association with our Headline Sponsors - MacGregor Black and Hive HR, we’re going bigger and will have:
- Loads of sessions covering how we can made a difference in organisations
- Goodie bags (not the usual boring ones!)
- Awesome attendees who will share their success too
- Nice long refreshment breaks for networking
- No more FOMO – we will share a white paper covering the key points of all the sessions after the event
- 10% of ticket sales donated to two local charities – The PIE Project & Team Evie
At The Big Work Pirates Gathering you won't get speakers who stand at a podium with a PowerPoint presentation, who talks at you for 45 mins, you'll be sitting next to and chatting with these session leaders.
There are no "Speakers", no presentations, no podiums and no being stuck in your seat for ages listening to someone who just isn’t entertaining or relevant. Instead we have a series of interactive sessions led by Session Leaders - people who are experts in their field who we have invited to lead and facilitate a conversation around their chosen topic.
Also - you will get:
Free access to monthly Work Pirate Gatherings via Zoom from 12:00 - 13:30 on the second Thursday of each month - you can chat with interesting people professionals and have the chance to network and make friends before the Big Work Pirates Gathering.
These online discussions will be totally interactive and recorded if you can’t attend (to watch afterwards).
These are the dates for the work pirates gatherings:
- Thursday 10th September - 12:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 8th October - 12:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 12th November - 12:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 10th December - 12:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 14th January - 12:00 - 13:30
- Thursday 11th February - 12:00 - 13:30
Then when we all meet in March, we will know more people and it will be an even bigger party!
Who will be there?
People Professionals - In-House and Agency Recruiters, HR, ER and Employment Law Professionals, Company Directors & Hiring Managers and Recruitment Technology providers - basically anyone responsible for finding, hiring, developing, managing and engaging people or has an interest in the latest recruitment / HR industry trends, technology and legislation.
Why should I attend?
These are just some of the topics you will find covered at The Big Work Pirates Gathering:
- Keeping your people happy
- Making sure people want to join your company
- Doing things differently to get better results
- Making sense of people problems
- Diagnosing problems in organisations
- Becoming more strategic leaders
- Figuring out how to manage up
- Learning how the big and small companies do it really well
Or perhaps just realising that the challenges you face are the same ones faced by recruiters and HR humans the world over!
So how do these sessions things work?
Sessions are open-forum and shared learning discussions around a HR-related topic with each session lasting 45 minutes and running concurrently with 4 other sessions throughout the day (so 30 in total to choose from).
Delegates will typically congregate around a Session Leader who will spend the first few minutes opening the discussion and setting the direction for the session - then for the remainder of the session anyone can contribute, offer an opinion, ask questions, or tell a story etc.
The key is to take part in the conversation, but it's all very informal. If at any point during a session you decide you'd get more from one of the other ones - just get up and wander over, or maybe grab a coffee with someone you want to connect with.
So, is it all just a bit chaotic then?
Not at all. The Session Leaders moderate and facilitate the discussion within their allocated time slot and each new session is announced as the previous ones are being wrapped up. All we ask is that everyone is respectful of other people’s opinions and to respect that debate drives innovation and ideas.
Will there be opportunities to network with Session Leaders and other participants?
Absolutely! You know the fun bit at other conferences where you chat to people over coffee, between speakers and over lunch? That’s what it’s going to be like for the whole day.
For more info, get in touch - firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Early Bird£60+£12 VAT+£1.80 Service fee£60+£12 VAT+£1.80 Service fee0£0
- General Admission£83.80+£16.76 VAT+£2.51 Service fee£83.80+£16.76 VAT+£2.51 Service fee0£0